Our Group's Presence at NICE in San Jose (March, 2017)
Our group gave quite a few presentations at NICE (Neuro Inspired Computational Elements), March 6-8, 2017 in San Jose:
- Jim Plank gave a lightning talk on Tuesday, March 7. The title is DANNA Neuromorphic Application Development Kit, and Jim gave an overview of our group, our vertical approach to neuromorphic computing, and some videos of the DANNA Kit Demo.
- Aaron Young and John Reynolds demonstrated the DANNA Kit demo, which was be highlighted by the FPGA running neuromorphic control applications.
- Katie Schuman presented a poster entitled, The Effect of Biologically-Inspired Mechanisms in Spiking Neural Networks for Neuromorphic Implementation.
- Gangotree Chakma presented a poster entitled, Memristive Dynamic Adaptive Neural Network Array (mrDANNA).
- We also presented a poster entitled, A Vertical Application Programming and Development Framework for Spike-Based Neuromorphic Computing Devices.
The group had a nice presence at the entrance to the hall leading to the auditorium, and garnered a lot of interest from the attendees. We were the only group featuring actual neuromorphic hardware running applications!
Action Photos from NICE
| John Reynolds presents the|
Vertical Framework poster.
| Katie Schuman presents the|
Effect of Biologically-Inspired
| Gangotree Chakma presents the|
| Aaron Young presents|
the DANNA Kit Demo.
|The Tennessee neuromorphic computing researchers outside of IBM Almaden Research Laboratry.|